Thursday, August 12, 2021

A day for birds (or bird lovers)













Today was the poultry (and rabbit) show day.  My friend Dusty and I are somehow the superintendents for these shows.  It means a lot of work, running and paying attention to a lot more than just my own kids.  I enjoy it, but I will start off saying I am very thankful for Quincy who worked her buns off to help the girls.  
**Some show highlights - 
-Quincy was the reserve champion senior showman.  Since I was sitting with the judge, I got a front row seat to her presentation.  I honestly was impressed.  She knows an incredible amount of chicken knowledge.  
-Quincy, Harper, Saige and Evelyn all got blue ribbons form a judge that was pretty tough on birds today.  He had good things to say about their condition.  
-Harper’s goose was the reserve champion goose.  Quincy’s was champion goose.  Quincy’s was grand champion waterfowl.  
-Saige and Harper both did great on their showmanship today, both earning blue ribbons.  
- My cousin’s daughter won grand champion poultry with a chicken she named Dollar General, and that just about made my whole day!
**Some life highlights-
- watching Quincy give showmanship tips to literally every little kid in the barn.  As well as helping them learn to properly handle their birds. 
-watching Harper overcome her anxiety and put on a pretty good showmanship presentation.  
-watching Saige overcome her fear of carrying the chickens and do a good job with showmanship. 
-watching our girls make life long friendships.  The giggling, robbing each other’s coolers, cheering their friends on, encouraging each other and just making county fair memories.  Jim and I are so happy to be able to raise our kids in this community!   

No comments:

Post a Comment