Sunday, August 29, 2021

Living for the weekend










 
Not gonna lie…the first week of school kicked me in the pants.   Starting off with a stolen car, not sleeping well, and trying to get everyone where they need to be has been a lot this week. Basically I counted the minutes down until the weekend.  We had nothing on the calendar.  Praise be to God- because if this had been one of those busy weekends I swear I would have cried.  Quincy’s car is in the shop, Preston’s car is history.   With me mostly driving the bus, it seems like it would be ok for them just to borrow my car, but they both work different jobs.  Quincy started a new job this week washing dishes at Los Vaqueros.  Preston has been hanging Sheetrock for my parent’s neighbor.  Added to the meetings and just general insanity of the first week of getting everyone back on school schedule and I was absolutely done!  I told all of them if they woke me up Saturday morning, there would be severe consequences!   Unfortunately, my old body doesn’t know how to sleep in anymore.  Which meant I was awake when Mallory texted to see if I would go to an auction outside of town with her. A weakness of mine.  Auctions are one of my favorite things.  The bargains.  The bidding.  The stuff I need but didn’t really even know I needed!   So I said yea!   And I got some mega bargains.  Of course it also meant I had to have a conversation that went something like this 
Mal: mom why are you bidding on a sewing machine?  You don’t know how to sew!
Me: I don’t know how to sew YET!
Mal: you are crazy!
Me: just wait til you see what I make you for Christmas this year! 
Pretty sure at this point I saw my daughter roll her eyes.  But I won the sewing machine, a brand new vacuum cleaner and a couple coolers.  I barely spent any money!   It was a good day. Mallory made me leave when they started auctioning off the milking equipment.  Jim appreciated that more than she will ever know!  

The new vacuum works amazingly well.  The girls had fun playing with all the attachments.  The carpet is all vacuumed. It was a win win for me.  

Also a win, Jim invited the kids over for pizza last night, so I didn’t even have to cook!   

Lauren sent me this picture. I’m not sure what the kid did this time, but the picture made me laugh.  
We did get some news on the car thief.  The county is pressing charges, and they include about 5 felonies including criminal damage to property.   We are cooperating with the county attorney, and are hoping to recover at least part of Preston’s money.  It irritates me that Preston worked 3-4 jobs all summer, busted his tail, paid off the car loan, and that one person could screw that all up for him in a few minutes time.  Fingers crossed for some reparations on this deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment