Saturday, August 21, 2021

Goings on












It has been a few weeks in the making, but today we finally made the journey to see Colin and Spencer’s new house.  I failed majorly and didn’t really take any pictures.   It is a really nice home, on a beautiful lot.  We hope that they will have many happy years there!  It was a fun day, the ride to Bel Aire was filled with chatting and silliness.  The day was fun, Mallory, grandma and grandpa, and Cameron also made the journey.  The ride home, we let Preston drive so we could take naps.  Of course, I like to nag at him while he drives, so napping just didn’t happen.  In all honesty, this is the second time I have thrown Preston the keys and let him drive me home.   The other day from Kansas City, and today.  He is a pretty good driver (a little heavy on the gas pedal), very attentive to the road and cautious when warranted.  It was a good ride home.   Colin is building a good life for himself and  we are very proud of him (and Spencer). 

The girls had a fun day on Thursday.  We went out for lunch and then they had a swimming and trampoline party with Evie.  It was a good last day of summer break.  

We also lucked out and Harper’s new glasses came in.  Just in time for school.  I have to tell this story because it cracks me up.  Everyone who knows Harper knows that she is pretty shy. She rarely says much at all.  When she does say stuff, she often makes me laugh with her sarcasm and impersonations of people.  We picked up the glasses.  They fitted them to her face.  We got in the car to come home. She pulls up the camera on her phone, loudly sighs and says “that’s just great….Now I look like Harry Potter!”    I really like the glasses she picked, and I don’t think she looks like Harry at all, but I did laugh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment