Friday, August 6, 2021

Slugging along







 
Colin and Spencer are in Cancun this week.  I’m super happy they got to go.  Colin had to get a passport. I don’t know if you’ve seen the news, but the passport stuff is a train wreck.  So he applied months ago. He got his passport back with the wrong birth date on it.  He talked to Someone at the post office who told him it needed to be fixed.  He sent it back for corrections…and never got it back.   Long story short, Spencer knows people.  He got an appointment Wednesday with passport officials in Denver.  So he flew to Denver, got his passport, flew home just in time to grab his bag and leave for Mexico.  Cutting it a little close for my nervous system, but it worked out!  

Aunt Karen decided she wanted the kittens.  Since our mother cat has insisted on them being on the front porch, driveway area, I decided we better go ahead and take them to Karen.  Saige was pretty sad to see them go.  She had them all named and tamed.   Karen’s grandkids were at her house and they were super excited about having kitties to play with.  I hope they do well for Karen. The mother cat is a great mouser.  She’s not a bad mother cat, but tends to bring her kittens to the house.   It is strange since she rarely comes to the house herself.  It’s almost like she’s saying here you go!   

I enjoy my morning walks and visits with Grace.  I know we are rapidly running out of days.   The mornings here are so quiet and I love where we live.  This morning, I had a little company!  I know deer are sometimes seen as pests, and I know they are bad for vehicle crashing, but I honestly always love seeing them.  They are so graceful and seem so peaceful.   They are welcome to graze all they want in my yard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment