Monday, August 16, 2021

Kinda nuts





 
Today has been a strange one.  I went to my hospital appointment and was told my incision is mostly closed.  That was good news. No more daily trips to Topeka for me.  Actually, the timing couldn’t be better since we start back to school in a few days, and I honestly don’t know where I would fit it in.   I was supposed to have this surgery back at Christmas break.  It was supposed to be a small surgery.  I am so thankful that I put it off.  I would never have been back to driving the bus in 2 weeks!   This has been a 6 week ordeal.   I am so happy to be wrapping it up!   
Cameron came home this evening, and he and Jim went to a Royal’s game.  It has been a long time since Jim got to go to a game, and he was very excited to go.   I had plans….
I managed to get my bus riders all notified of times, and I found my new stops.  I got a lot of laundry done.  I was feeling sort of accomplished.  

I let the kids order a pizza for dinner.  After we ate, Quincy ran up the road to take care of the neighbor’s animals that she is pet sitting.  My bus boss called.  While I was talking to him, Quincy called me 6 times.  I guess I didn’t realize she was gone, and I was sort of irritated that she was calling me from the basement.  Turns out, she was having trouble.  The neighbors dogs got into a fight.  She had a hard time breaking them apart and ended up having to kick them apart.  Then she discovered that the older dog was seriously injured.  I would hate for anything to happen to anyone’s pet, but I am beyond thankful that Quincy wasn’t hurt breaking up the dog fight.  I had to quickly  get dressed, (because I thought I had an evening home so hello pajamas!).  Then I discovered that  Jim’s keys were locked in his truck.  I borrowed Cameron’s car and flew up the road.  Quincy’s van broke down earlier in the day.  She was panicked because she had Preston’s car - and she said she couldn’t use it to take the  dog to town because Preston won’t even let her drink a milkshake in his car!    The neighbor told me to use their truck.  We managed to get ahold of our vet.  We think the dog will be ok.  She is going to need some major stitching up.  The vet was going to get her pain under control and then work on her.  Luckily our favorite vet is the vet the neighbors use, so he was familiar with this dog already.  

Quincy shed a few tears, and although it is totally not her fault, she feels bad about it.  The dogs had been locked together in the yard all day.  There is no reason that this should have happened.  Just weird animal stuff.  I hope she will heal up quick.  I also hope that this day is done with me, because I am feeling exceptionally done tonight!   

No comments:

Post a Comment