Friday, August 20, 2021

First day 2021










Today is the first day of the 2021-2022 school year.  We are once again faced with the terrible choices that Covid is forcing us to make.  I wish it was over, or under control, but it just isn't.  We jumped right back into it this morning anyway.  Saige is overly excited about going to a new school, and having Mrs. Lattimer for 4th grade.  She was up at 5:15 when I got up.  She did not need to get up this early, but she was just so dang excited!  She was dressed, had her chores done and was eating breakfast before I even got out of the shower!  :)  I hope school lives up to all of her expectations!  

Harper is in the 6th grade this year.  She was no where near as excited as Saige, but she was up, dressed and sort of consented to a back to school picture!  Sixth grade is part of the junior high, so she was memorizing her schedule for switching classes.  I think she was ready, but with Harper, you just never know.  She doesn't say much!   :)  

Quincy is starting her sophomore year.  She was not ready.  She will likely never be ready, but she will be fine once she gets there!  She did not want a back to school picture.  She did not want to get out of bed.  She did not want to have anyone speak to her.  :)  She said she doesn't even know what classes she is taking.  Luckily, my cousin is the school counselor.  Have fun with her Melissa! 

Preston is starting his junior year.  He is taking a bunch of classes for college credit.  He was up, showered and giving me crap like always!  I am having trouble believing he is already a junior.  He is my widdle baby!  I am sure he will have a tough year because he is taking a tough load of classes, but he will handle it with the same amazingness as always!  

This is year 6 for me driving the bus.  I managed to make it to school on time, did not miss any children, and did not have to do any yelling today!  I am sure that won't last, but I will take it as a win for this day!  :)  There is a federal mandate for masks to be worn on the buses.  I am ok with it.  Our district made masks optional once you get to school.  I guess we will see how long that lasts before there is an outbreak.  I would feel better if Saige and Harper were vaccinated.  I pray this year goes ok, that everyone is safe, and that everyone stays healthy!  


Preston apparently didn't have confidence that the back to school pictures I took would be good, so he managed to get this one for me after I left!  Jim must have helped him!  I do not know why, but I love back to school pictures!  My kids think I am crazy!  

This one indulges my first day photo excitement though!  She is teaching 1st grade this year.  She is sooooo excited about it!  Madison did not send me a photo of her first day back as part of the lunch bunch.  I will have to ask her later!  I hope everyone has a super fantastic year!  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment