Sunday, August 15, 2021

A day of rest







We had a good day, with not much going on to rest up after the fair.  I found a couple of pictures on the extension page that I really love!   After having a little bit to reflect, this fair felt a little disappointing to start, with none of the animals making weight.   It turned out to be one of my favorite fairs ever.  The kids are growing up too fast.  My work load for fairs is almost to the place you could call it easy.   Jim and I managed to get through the fair without a single disagreement. Truly a good fair!   We got most of the equipment put away, cars cleaned out and prizes stashed.   Then we had a nice Sunday lunch with Colin, Mallory and Madison and her family.   Jim bought Kentucky Fried chicken while I was at my wound center appointment and so we didn’t even have to cook!  

Evie wanted to swim.  We had a little episode with the pool pump this week and I thought it was broken.  I told her she could swim but it might be for her last time since the pump was broken.  Preston went out, plugged it in, and it fired right up.  I have no idea what was wrong earlier, but it seems to have resolved itself.  I am glad!  I was hoping for a few more pool side days before we go back to school!   The kids had fun swimming with Colin.  He has a way of making things fun (aka dangerous).  He had to head back to Wichita this afternoon.  I am so happy that he and Cameron (and Lauren) were  able to come back for Jim’s recognition.   We missed Spencer, but hope to see her next weekend.  

After everyone left, I sat down, realized the house was completely quiet, and accidentally took an after fair nap!   It was delightful!   

This evening, it is absolutely beautiful outside, so Preston decided to project a movie on the side of the garage.  We are enjoying a movie with the dogs and the goats.  The goats seem relieved that they are all back home.  They spent the day grazing the yard and pooping on the front step.   I am not sure they touched the brush that Jim wanted them to eat!   
I feel summer winding down.  It always makes me feel a little sad. It has been a great summer!    I am ready to get back on a schedule and to have my Evelyn back though!   

No comments:

Post a Comment