Saturday, August 14, 2021

A good finale day






























This last day had a little different feel to it.   We had no animals to sell at the auction, which meant we were done with everything by noon.  Saige entered Carlos and Boomer in the pet show. Evie entered her dog Bailey.   The pet show was busier than I’ve ever seen it before.  It was crazy.  Saige and Carlos got a purple ribbon.  

Saige and Boomer got a blue ribbon. 

Jim helped out a family by holding their chicken.  I love this man.  He is always willing to help everyone.   He is kind hearted.  And he is a good   Dad to our kids.   He doesn’t really like having pictures taken, but I like this one a lot.  

Evie and Bailey also got a blue ribbon!   
One thing I forgot from Wednesday, Saige got a purple on her cut flower bouquet.  Harper got a purple on her single stem annual, and reserve champion overall flower!   They had some help from Mallory on this little project!   

Tonight, the Park and Rec board honored Jim by naming the baseball field in town for him.  He was very touched by this.   Mallory managed to have all of his kids there (except P and Q were in the band), as well as Jim’s mom and brother and my parents.  He was very surprised.  It was a nice surprise.   


Since none of the goats made weight, we enjoyed the parade without having to rush off to get ready for the auction!  

The band sounded amazing!  I am so proud of Preston and Quincy and all of the kids and the work they put in!   

We also spotted my niece Emma-Kate in the parade!  We had a nice dinner at the fairboard’s concession stand. Saige then went off to ride the carnival rides with Andrew’s brother, Patrick.  



Evie rode a little bit as well, and mastered all the carnival games!  

Jim and I enjoyed the dueling piano people.  I was a little surprised when we walked over and they were singing a song about Quincy and she was on stage playing a plastic guitar!   



I honestly love the county fair.  My best memories are all fair memories.  I think my kids would say that some of their best days were also fair days.  I am glad we had this time together as a family, and I am also happy that it is done for the year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment