Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Readiness









Today we went to get shoes for school.  I hate this task with all of my being.  Not because I don’t enjoy spending time with my kids though.  It is hard when you have one who walks in, grabs a pair of shoes, throws them in your cart and is done. And then there is another one who wants to try every.  Single.  Pair.   And can’t decide.  And one who is looking for something but won’t tell you what.   And one who didn’t want to go because “topeka gives her a headache.”   Balancing all of their shopping styles, and personalities is hard.  If I was a smarter woman, I would take them all individually….but that would mean 4 shopping trips and I absolutely hate shopping.   

While we were out crying over shoes (me…not the kids), Madison called.  She wanted to know if we wanted to meet her and Evie to get cupcakes.  It was a break we definitely needed!  
After our break, I had an appointment with the surgeon.  I was completely released today.  I can lift again!  No more daily appointments.  No more rounds of antibiotics.  I am so happy!   


My happiness was short lived, as we had to continue with our shopping.  We now have all the supplies, shoes, socks, and groceries we need to get through at least the first week!   
I was soooo happy to get home, unload, and sit down before cooking dinner.  And then it dawned on me. It was meet your teacher night. Harper is going to be switching classes in a part of the building she wasn’t in before, the teachers for her grade are all new, and she has a locking locker for the first time.  Saige is beyond excited for the first day.  There was no skipping it.  Back out the door we went!   Tomorrow, after work, I refuse to go anywhere!   

The girls are now swimming.  Notice the bus in the background, reminding us all that our time for zero schedules is limited.  

No comments:

Post a Comment