Friday, August 18, 2023

First day 2023-24


Well, it turns out I was right.  Everything was fine tomorrow!  I am a day late posting about it, but yesterday was the first day of school here.  Evelyn started back to preschool.  She has the same teacher as last year, Ms. Dana.  She was over the top excited, and was about to explode all morning long!  She is in the afternoon class this year.  Since Madison is driving vo-tech kids around when she needs to get on the bus, she is coming to my office with me, eats lunch here, and then we walk over and she catches the bus at my sister's daycare.  She is most excited about this set up because she loves bringing her lunch!  Yesterday, she started off the morning asking if she should eat her lunch yet.  I kept telling her she had to wait every 15 minutes until finally, at 10:45 I caved.  LOL!  That ham sandwich was sooo tempting I guess!  Uncle Preston (Uncle PP) took her to school.  I think he was excited to get to see her off!  

Madison seems to be liking her new job, and I know she loves being with the baby all day.  Interestingly, the woman who took over her old job met me at the bus to complain about stuff today....I had a good laugh about it.  (always makes me happy because I am that person who likes to see Karma at work).  I should have snapped a picture of Madison on her first full day!  Maybe I will try next week!


Mallory is teaching 1st grade this year.  She is always good about sending me a 1st day photo!  She is excited to be back and was thrilled to meet all her new kids and has all sorts of big plans for the year.  I am sure they are lucky kids to have her as their teacher.  

It is weird to think about only having 3 kids at home.  It is also weird to think about how fast this arrived.  Anyway.
Harper is an 8th grader this year.  She was not ready to go, but she rocked it anyway!
Saige is a 6th grader - she is excited about changing classes, and having a locker, but was not to thrilled with how the rest of the day went.  It will get better, but will take some time to get back into the swing of things.  Prayers for a better year this time!
Quincy is a senior.  Yes, I cried as I typed that.  I am so proud of this kid - she changed her mind about vo-tech, but took the imitative to go see the school counselor, got enrolled in all the classes she needs to graduate, signed up to take some college classes, and managed to get a scholarship to cover most of the cost associated with that.  She has some new ideas, new plans and I am excited to see her shine!  
I love first day photos....I am a weirdo according to these 3.

Today was also my first day back, beginning my 8th year of being a bus driver.  I like the kids, enjoyed seeing some new faces, and catching up with some of my regulars.  I will admit, I think if I could start driving on about day 4 or 5 it would be better.  I hate the first days when everyone is trying to decide how to best do things, changing policies and procedures every 2 seconds, and nobody quite knows why we needed to change what we found worked last year?  Anyway, it will settle in and I will be fine.  Patience is not my strongest virtue.  After I took this photo, I realized I am really looking more like the bus driver on the Simpson's (Otto Mann).  I guess all bus drivers look alike - it must be the wind in our hair?







When I walked Evie to the bus, she asked me if I wanted a 2nd day of school photo.  Of course I do!  I wonder how many days this will go on?  

Here is to a fantastic year!  I pray everyone will stay safe, be kind and do the right things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment