Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Stuff that makes me happy





















Today was a little bit rough (bus kids are learning  slowly that this woman don’t play).  My main job is not going the way I had hoped on a few projects, (mostly because the wheels of the government are gummed up with bovine excrement), and my main man is also having a crazy day so we didn’t get to have lunch and he is having to work late.  I need him to insert logic into my chaos!   So, rather than utilizing my employee discount at the liquor store, I am focusing on some things from lately that have made me feel incredibly happy.  (My life is overall a happy one, and I’m focusing my energy on keeping it that way)!  
Grandkids.  I always knew I wanted to be a grammy.  I am a little surprised at how fast we arrived here.  These 2 little girls make my world go round.  They are funny, sweet, smart, beautiful girls!   Evie and Wrenley - two of the best gifts ever!   I can’t wait to add more grandkids and have a whole yard full of fun!   I am so thankful for them!  Jim and I are both completely smitten.  

Kansas sunsets.  Especially late summer/early fall ones.  I had a leaders meeting for 4-H last night.  I snapped these photos on the way home (thankfully I live in the country where stopping to take photos doesn’t get you into an accident!). 
This man. He works incredibly hard.  He spends so much time helping people, making sure things are done correctly, and looking out for my hometown. I am so proud of him. The best part?  He is also an amazing dad and husband.  I’m so happy i spent time at karaoke night 30 some years ago.  No doubt my amazing singing voice reeled in the big guy.  Side note - if I thought he was a good dad- I hadn’t seen anything yet.  There is a 4 year old and a 2 month old who completely own this man.  It’s adorable.  

Ponies and pools are also my happy place.  Are they necessary?  Nope!   Do I care?  Nope.  The pony is a tiny bit of a jerk.  He’s a Shetland.  It’s just who he is- but he owns it and he never really does anything truly bad - he’s just a little rough around the edges.  And he’s mine.  I always wanted a horse I could have just because.  Not because I wanted a work animal, not because I wanted to show him. Just because I truly love horses (sorry Larry- I know he’s useless!).  Little horses are the most useless of the horse family- but I truly don’t care!   And the pool.  I have used it almost daily since May.  I like to exercise in there, I like to lay under the sky in there, I love soaking up some sunshine and vitamin D, and I like to hang out with my kids in there.  It is a little oasis in my life and I honesty wish I could use it all year long.  Jim may not understand my infatuation, but he does support it - I even saw him searching for pool heaters.  

My life’s greatest accomplishment is my children. They are all such amazing people.  Do I ever shake my head at the weirdness they bring?  Absolutely!   But I love how they love each other.  And I love how each one is different with different attitudes and beliefs and feelings.  And I love that as they have grown, they have shown me what success looks like, what they are capable of, and they are all such hard working people.  I’m so proud of them all, so pleased that Jim was willing to create a large family, and was active in helping with them all.  And I also want to say that so far, we have 3 of the most incredible partners for our adult children. Andrew works his bits off keeping his girls taken care of, and then turns around on weekends and helps us around here with any project we have.  Always happy to help.  He also insures that his bestie (Jim) gets out of the house to do a little fishing several times a month.  Jim needs this!   
Spencer is amazingly smart and sweet.  She has been so helpful with her knowledge of the ins and outs of the engineering program at KSU.  Her patience with us as we learn stuff to help Preston has been invaluable.  I love seeing Colin and her planning their future.  
Lauren has the biggest heart - and a great gift of communication.  She keeps Cameron supervised, is amazing about letting us know what is going on with them, and is so open about her thoughts and feelings.  
We just couldn’t be any luckier in the children  “in-law” department.   

I feel so much better now.  Blocking out the insane parts of my day and focusing only on my blessings works wonders.  

No comments:

Post a Comment