Sunday, August 6, 2023

A day to rest





Sort of. 

I did something I rarely do, and we stayed home from church and slept in.  We were exhausted and it feels to me like the upcoming week is a little crazy, so in a bit of self care, we decided we would sleep in this morning.  Of course, I made the kids agree that we would also clean up and put stuff away.  Unfortunately, at 7 a.m. I realized I must be getting old.  Sleeping in is just not something I have the ability to do any more. So I got up.  Started laundry, went out with the dogs, and was a little bit mad about how cool it was outside.  

I started cleaning, and taking care of animals.  Jim has turned an old hot tub that we can’t make run into an outside fish pond.  Y’all….I am a fish freak.  As in I love them.  Fishing? Not really!  But watching fish? Yes!  Keeping fish? Yes!  Having a fish pond with some gold fish and some other stuff he caught?  Absolutely!   I go out every morning  and watch them swim and throw them some food pellets.  This morning, the filter had tipped over at some point - the aeration sprinkler was shooting the water towards the house and onto the patio!   Pond was significantly lower than normal.  Needless to say, I was there a lot longer than usual!   I think the kids were secretly happy, as they slept in half an hour longer than I told them they were going to get to!  They did get up and we got things sort of cleaned up.  We had Sunday lunch with the big girls, and afterward spent some time in the pool with Evie.  I had plans to clean out the car when they went home, but Quincy had a flat tire, so she ended up driving my car to work and so the fair mess is still in there!   Tomorrow I guess.  Once again, as I was outside and hanging in the pool I was a little annoyed that the weather was so nice.  Where was that last week?  
Evelyn was full of it today.   She told Mallory “you don’t wanna mess with these muscles!”  As I was getting in the pool with her - she got in first and then blocked the ladder telling me I had to know the password!   When I guessed about 15 things - she very exasperatedly told me “Grammy- the password is DEAD HORSE! Remember?”   Uh no kid, somehow I think I would remember that.   Although next time KPERS makes me change my work password, I have a new one to use I guess!   
Andrew and Jim went fishing and then ran to Menards for me.  I have messed up the pool water, and needed some chemicals.  
I enjoyed visiting with the girls and snuggling little miss Wrenley.  We all commiserated about school starting.   Mallory has to go back this week as she has some sort of training and mentoring stuff to do.  Madison was hired to drive this year with my mom and I in bus land. She is working on getting her CDL, but in the meantime, she will be transporting kids to Vo-Tech.   She can take the baby with her, and will be able to have more time at home with the girls.  I will be helping her with getting Evie onto the preschool bus, so even though I am sad about not having my little side baby sitting gig, I will still get to see the girls every day! 
We thought Colin and Spencer were coming up for a visit, but Colin once again ended up on storm call- this time he got to stay in Wichita though.  I miss them both but we definitely understand.  I think it’s time to take a little road trip!  

Speaking of road trips, Lauren is in Florida visiting her mom.  Cameron is at LSU because he is busy working.  I think it is important to recognize that he was left unsupervised.  He was playing basketball and twisted his ankle.  The first photo looked really swollen, and I told him to ice and elevate it.  Today- he sends this.  Perhaps I was wrong.  I think he may go for an x-ray tomorrow.  Lauren - I hope your trip is good. And also short because the boy needs you to supervise him.  Funny side story - Preston came in here laughing.  Apparently Cameron’s ankle was a debate on some KSU Superfan page - they were taking a poll to see if he should go to the doctor or not.  Rub some dirt on it - you’ll be fine.  Just fine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment