Thursday, August 3, 2023

Fair pics



















































Well i mentioned how bad of a job I had done today taking pictures, so when the girls and I ran in to settle the animals in for the night, I forced them to pose a few times.   
When Preston moves in a couple weeks, Quincy is taking his job at the bar in town.  His boss is making Preston train her.  Tonight was Quincy’s first night of training, so neither of them was around to participate in my little photo session.  We also managed to get the sale cards found, filled out and turned in so we can participate in the auction this weekend!  

These 2 weren’t super excited about my desire for pictures, but they did play along with me, at least for a little bit!  

Saige and Harper with the junior does that they bred and raised.   Both of these babies did incredibly well today, giving us hope that we can produce quality future stock.   Notice that I said they were does?  Well Saige named hers Thomas, and Harper named hers Roger.  I’m not even going to ask. 

Our goats might not be the heaviest ones in the barns, but they might very well be the sweetest! I believe we have decided to keep Evie’s little doe and her sister.  We think maybe getting back into the practice of breeding our own stock  is something we would like to re-explore.  This time we are going to focus on high quality, meat goats.  Although if I was being honest, if it made any kind of sense, I would just go buy all the misfits from the auction because there’s always one or 2 that nobody wants.  

Saige made an educational poster for her pet project (Carlos). She got reserve champion on it.  We took some photos, but the weather has been so humid, the glue isn’t holding.  

Saige and Harper got a little help with their horticulture project from their big sister.  They borrowed a couple of flowers from Mallory’s vast amount of hard work!   Harper got a blue on a cosmo, and Saige got a purple on a zinnia.  

Saige and Harper also took care of the club cookie jar.  It got a blue ribbon.   

And of course, the cookies got judged as well!

(Middle of the photo session- photos of a cute baby!) 

I appreciate the girls humoring me.  It wasn’t quite the same as live action shots, but it’ll do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment