Thursday, August 24, 2023

What is going on here?








 

We might be cooking to death that's what! The record-breaking heat has continued all week.  We have been given coolers to haul water, ice, new water bottles and the school has been begging parents to pick up kids if at all possible.  My route parents have been amazing, and my afternoons have been blessedly short.   Day 5 - driving a brand-new bus, when the electrical system decided to fry, the door decided to not work, and I had to get a different (also brand new) bus.  I hope that this time works out a little better.  Things about buses I never understand - 
 they are top of the line on safety, things can hit them, and they won't even dent.  They put a lot of thought into how to keep children safe, and that is amazing and appreciated.  And they are expensive!  A new bus can cost $150-200,000.  This is the second time in my "career" that I have been handed a brand-new bus to drive.  It is also the second time where I have said "what the heck is going on?"  They are junk.  The windows don't stay up, the seals come already broken for keeping the doors closed tightly, the door doesn't close correctly, you drive down the road and screws pop out of the ceiling, and the list goes on.  I had to turn my bus in yesterday, they pulled it in the shop and said they were sending it back to the place we bought it for extensive repairs.  It has 1500 miles on it!  If I bought this as a personal vehicle, I would be turning it into the Kansas Lemon Law complaint line.  I just find it interesting, and I am thankful that I don't have to pay for the repairs!  I literally did not do anything to it, I was just driving down the road and it imploded.  I had noticed a few little "quirks" and had already reported them to the boss.  I am sure he is frustrated as well.  

Evie has to eat lunch at my office this year.  Madison has been packing her a lunch, and she is sooooo excited to eat it!  She loves carrying her lunchbox, and she loves eating the lunches Madison packs.  I told Jim if I am ever in a place where I need to pack a lunch, I hope that Madison can be the person to pack it for me.  That girl packs a serious lunch!  

I get a kick out of the new cat - she sleeps with Jerry and covers her eyes!  It makes me laugh.  We are having some issues training her.  I think I understand why someone kicked her out of their house!  She is a bit of psycho!  She likes to chase any flies, moths or anything that moves - she will chase them right up the screens.  I don't like to punish her harshly because I feel like she has been mistreated, and she is finally starting to trust us, but dang it, you cannot climb my screens.  She is also commonly found on the kitchen counters, which is a thing I absolutely cannot stand.  Jerry is bad about it as well.  We may be trying the old mouse trap trick with both of them.  Other than those two things, she is a good addition to the house, Jerry loves her, and she had definitely figured out how to con Jim out of people food!  

Madison sent me this hilarious photo this morning of Wrenley.  I felt this one in my soul.  Hoping for a break from the extreme heat, and maybe a little less weirdness!  :)  
J

No comments:

Post a Comment