Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween 2023!





















Evie came to my office this morning all dressed as a fairy and ready for her pre-K party.  She was overstimulated at 9:00 am.  We did wander around town and got some treats from the merchants in town who all know her, and who she thinks are all her besties.  She was a little bit miffed at her mother - she wanted to be a vampire fairy and her mom said no to her teeth and blood at school.   She asked me about 155 times if I was coming over to watch her Halloween parade.  I had not actually been planning to - as I thought Jim might need help with handing out the city’s candy and I was worried about him overdoing it when he is finally starting to make progress towards feeling a bit better. Luckily, he has some great co-workers who covered it so I was most definitely not needed!   

Sixth grade doesn’t get to be in the trick or treat parade.  They did get to have a fall festival with games, candy and some stem activities.  Saige said it was ok.  The junior high had a dance today during school hours. They sent home a note asking for cookies.  Last night, I asked Harper if she was going to the dance, and if she needed cookies.  She answered with a grimace and a “yes….since I’m not flunking I have to go to the dumb dance!”   I’m a little worried that she will flunk on purpose to avoid future dances.  Tonight when I asked how it was her response of  “So dumb” wasn’t what I was hoping for.  I had hoped she would have had a great time.  

This girl got to have a party, a parade, and Gg and I made it over to watch.  Tonight she went trick or treating and seemed to be having a great time.  


Sadly, I am down to one trick-or-treater.  Saige dressed as her 6th grade teacher, Ms. Washington. She had a little friend drama, but finally met up with some people to go out with (because going with your mom means you are hopeless (get it?) and uncool.  I was more than happy to let her go with her friends and I sat over at Mallory’s house.  

Halloween is my favorite.  Not as chaotic as it used to be, but still fun.  Happy Best Holdiay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment