Saturday, October 28, 2023

KSU Saturday




















A few days ago, our neighbor gave us 2 tickets to the game today.  When she asked, I had not looked at the weather, and I didn’t think Jim would still be struggling with back/hip issues.  I just know how much Jim loves going, and told her yes!   Yesterday, Jim told me he was concerned that between having to walk as far as you always have to, and then potentially standing during the game itself, was going to be too much for the pain he is still experiencing.  I didn’t think I wanted to go because I had seen the weather forecast of 34 degrees and rain.  Guilt is a strong factor sometimes in the things I do.  I tried to give the tickets to my brother, but they were like “have you seen the forecast?”   So I asked Harper and Saige if they wanted to go.  Huge negative from the younger crowd.  When Quincy came home, I asked her and shockingly, she said yes!   She texted her Saturday job, and was told to take the day and go!  So, having a date, I decided to go out and purchase some ponchos and umbrellas, dig out our trusty Carhart coats, and cowboy up.   Peggy warned us that they were general admission tickets, and to get there early, which we did.  Unfortunately, the parking situation out there is a nightmare, and I wasn’t prepared for that. By the time we parked (expensively) and walked over, the north field goal seating was packed.  They let us sit in chairs in the handicapped section, as long as we promised to move if any wheelchair  bound people showed up.  Luckily for us, it wasn’t an issue.  We had great seats and it was a really fun game to go to.  We enjoyed looking for Preston’s friend Max in the band, and we met up with Preston when the game was over.  We didn’t get to hang with him very long, but it was nice to grab a hug anyway.  Because I was not smart when leaving, we ended up taking the scenic tour of Manhattan, including the house Jim lived in when we met.  The old dungeon looks about the same as it did 32 years ago!  I am so thankful that it never rained during the game, and equally happy that my car heat works, and I was able to defrost my hands and feet!  If I was being totally honest, although I had fun, I am a person who would much rather watch it on tv, inside my house, without lines for the bathroom, and without freezing.   I can’t even tell you the last game I went to, that is solidly Jim’s department.  I am hoping he feels better soon, he can take the reins back on the live game front.   

The girls had a fun night planned.  They are at the Five Nights at Freddy’s movie with Clayton.  I have known Clayton for a long time, and I’m not sure when I have ever seen him more excited. I hope the movie is worth it!  A couple of them even dressed up!   

Evelyn is excited because they were having a sleep over with Aunt Mal.  Well….Evie is.  Aunt Mal said they have to pick up little miss Wrenley because she doesn’t want night duty.  

Jim had to help with soccer today, since the park and rec director stepped down, and they haven’t hired a new person yet.  I think that he wore himself out, he has really struggled this week.  I keep thinking he is moving a little easier, but he just hasn’t been able to get back to “normal” yet.  He went to bed, so that left me all alone with a project I wish I had done when it was warmer and not raining!  I have set up a tank in the basement for the goldfish we had in an outdoor pond.  By the time I got it set up, it was dark, and I can’t see the fish.  It is supposed to be really cold tonight, so I am now running a siphon so I can get the water low enough to find the 3 fish who are hiding in the bottom muck.  Three were good little fish and came up to eat.  I hope I catch the others soon so I can put on dryer clothes!  Next year we must do this sooner!  

It has been a good day. I’m happy I had some time with Quincy. We will definitely sleep well tonight, since I broke down and turned on the furnace!   Hello winter.  I’d say welcome back but in my mind, you’re never welcome here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment