Monday, October 9, 2023

Sunday wrap up
















Since I had to work tonight at the liquor store, and this was the weekend for 48 hours of 4-H, and we had a 1pm community service project time, we decided to have brunch instead of Sunday dinner.  It was fun and although it probably makes me seem weirder than I am, I always forget how much I love breakfast food, and this was sooo good.   Side note - in this house, breakfast has always been on your own.   I just have never really fixed breakfast for the kids or Jim.  We keep a variety of things around that we grab on the go.  Things like cereal, sometimes I make breakfast burritos or waffles and freeze them, we usually have bagels or a granola bar.  Mornings are hard, and we just never make the time.  When I have time to actually cook and eat breakfast it makes me happy!   Evelyn also loves breakfast foods, although I believe that her mom is pretty good about actually cooking for her.  Anyway, that took a strange turn huh.   Sorry.  I was happy to have a little time with family before we were off and running.  

48 hours of 4-H is a weekend that the National 4-H foundation picks out.  Every club is supposed to come up with a community service project to do during that weekend.  A way to make community service a priority and teach kids to live out making the best better.  The project we originally came up with fell apart.  Luckily for me, Jim always has projects the city could use help with.  We helped Him recycle paint, we cleaned up trash around the city lake, cleaned out some old planter pots and recycled the dirt into some ruts that needed filled, and fixed the exercise equipment at the lake's walking path.  We had a pretty good turn out, and zero complainers.  It was pretty fast, and Jim was pretty happy about having several of his projects knocked out!  

Jim and Andrew then took Evelyn fishing, followed by Mallory attempting to get some photos of GG with her great grandkids.  


Mallory stopped by the liquor store afterwards to tell me that photographing 2 babies and a 4-year-old was not the easiest thing she has ever tried to do!  I kind of got a kick out of the pictures she took.  I love them.....because they look like real life!  
This weekend was busy, but fun.  I love this time of the year!  I am trying hard to wrap my mind around it being October already.  I wish I could slow things down a little bit, but that is just not how it works.  Weekend over, new week, new levels of crazy, new people to torture.  Off we go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment