Friday, October 20, 2023

Okc is fun






























Ok so maybe the Oklahoma City bombing memorial isn’t “fun” but it is impressive.  We brought the older crowd here about 24ish years ago.  At that time they were tiny little people, and we looked at the outside memorial, but skipped the museum.  Last year, Quincy took a class at the high school where they studied events in recent history, and they drove down here and went through the memorial.  Quincy was impressed, which made me think that I should see it.  Quincy was right.  It is impressive, chaotic, filled with feeling, well thought out and we left there feeling a bit overwhelmed with emotion.  I was blown away by all of the things they have in that museum.   

From there, we visited the botanical gardens.  I was mesmerized by this as well.  They have a beautiful 15 acre park that is amazingly beautifully put together and labeled.  We also went through the conservatory.  I loved every minute of this.  Jim seemed to enjoy it as well.  

Well, except for the sent station where you could smell a corpse flower.  That was definitely not enjoyable!  

I am pretty sure I could have stayed here for days looking at all the plants, but we had to leave so we could hit Bass Pro Shop before our time slot for the haunted canal tour.  

Jim loves Bass Pro.  He wants to visit all of them!   

We were really impressed with Bricktown.  We enjoyed wine slushes (Jim had a beer) and rode the Bricktown water Taxi.  We chose the haunted historical tour.  We very much enjoyed the ghost stories and the scenic views of Bricktown as we went down the canal.  


I also talked Jim into going to the horse races.  I used to love going when they had horses in Kansas City.  We spent my birthday gambling money from Grace.  We came out $4 behind, but we gambled all night, had so much fun, and laughed a lot at the funny horse names.  

This was dang near a perfect day!  We did miss the kids though. I kept thinking they would love the stuff we were doing!   

No comments:

Post a Comment