Thursday, October 19, 2023

Anniversary trip







Jim and I decided to take a long weekend trip to Oklahoma City for our 30th anniversary.   We also decided to take the long route/detour and visit Manhattan to see the birthday boy on our way.   
I cannot believe Preston is 19.  I was 19 when I started dating Jim!  Manhattan is where it all started.  Preston seemed less than amused by my suggestions that Manhattan is the place to meet your future spouse.  He does seem like he is doing well.   I was so happy that I got to see him on his birthday and spend a little time with him.  He was happy that a couple of his high school friends had been out to visit.  He was also excited to finally receive his goat sale check and pay the rest of his university payment off!   He is a great kid, who grew up way too fast!  I am so glad he is enjoying college.  

After leaving Preston, we drove into Oklahoma City where we are setting in for the night.  I have an entire weekend of nerdy activities planned, and even though Jim might not love all of my nerdy museums and historical sightseeing ideas, he does love me and indulges my nerdiness as long as I let him pick where we are going to eat.  I don’t know the last time we went anywhere without the kids. I feel sort of like I am missing something!   The house is being managed this weekend by Quincy (with oversight from a couple of older sisters).  We think they will have a good weekend, and just hope that they clean up from any parties before we get back. (Kidding - only kidding).  

No comments:

Post a Comment