Friday, October 11, 2024

Goats and lights

We took 2 goats to a friend’s house to be bred.  We hope.  Babe and Kendra will have babies in the early spring.  We know it is a little later than what we would like for 4-H, but Evie can show them in open class.  We shall see what happens. We did want to get them bred a little sooner, but I have been a bit preoccupied with other problems.  I hope they like their new boyfriend. I think he seems pretty handsome.  




I enjoyed the drive home. The sunset was beautiful, there were combines everywhere harvesting beans. 


And blocking up the roads.  I don’t mind going around, it won’t last too much longer! 

It always amazes me how when they harvest the beans, there is nothing left behind. No stems, stalks etc.  it is probably because the combine completely pulverizes the plants.  And we have had so little rain the dust was sort of just hanging everywhere.   

I wasn’t home long before Mallory showed up.  We went out to try to see the northern lights.  We were successful.   I want to go to Alaska at some point, but for now, this’ll do. 






I am excited about the weekend. Like always!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment