Thursday, October 3, 2024

Trying

This week has been trying.  I thought I had my physical therapy all set up.  I found out that the local people don't take our insurance.  The next closest place can't fit me in until late December.  Seriously?  Tell me again why universal health care is a bad thing?  Never mind, you don't have time to have this conversation with me.  I did manage to get a therapist, but I will have to drive into Lawrence.  I was hoping this would be something I could go to a couple times, and they could give me some stuff to do at home.  I am not opposed to physical therapy, however, I am opposed to taking more time off work, driving to town a couple days a week, and I guarantee when push comes to shove, my insurance isn't going to end up paying for it anyway.  Have I mentioned I would like to have back all the hours I have spent in my adulthood talking to insurance?  Ok enough of that.  My arm truly is feeling much better.  Yes, it is stiff.  Yes, I am being careful with it.  And yes, I know I have a long way to go to get back to normal, however it is much better.   I have been able to return to mowing, was able to fix fence (thanks to Harper and Saige helping), and I have managed to keep up with my part of chores now.  
On to other topics.  Dwight is the sweetest little kitty.  I am pleased with how well he is eating, and using his little litter box.  He is already growing.  This weekend, I am planning to try again with eating out of a dish rather than the syringe.  I think it is hilarious when we photograph him, he looks completely feral and insane.  He isn't....he is just not photogenic - like his adopted mom.  


You know who is feral?  Wren!  Only kidding!  She is a wild woman, with a lot of exploring to do!  She had her 15 month check up this week where she weighed 20 pounds, and had a head circumference in the 96th percentile (a hat tip to her Poppy).  It warms my heart to see Evelyn with her- she sure does love her baby sissy!

Sadly, I have missed a couple of painting classes, and they were cute ones.  I saw this little craft and thought I could handle it with limited use of my right hand (my left hand is sort of useless with crafts and writing).  It turned out a little more wild than I planned, but I did accomplish some fine motor skills here.  :)  

I thought Colin was sent to Ashville, NC.  I was wrong.  He has been in Ashland, KY.  They finished restoring power there, and he has been moved to Virginia.  The photos he sent are absolutely breathtaking!  Not just beautiful, but dancing at the top of poles literally gives me anxiety!  The boy loves his job, and he loves that he is helping.  I am so proud of him.  Every once in a while, you find someone who loves what they do - Colin is one such case.  I could never do what he does - but I am so thankful that someone is willing...I love the grid.  Shamelessly.  While he is gone, Spencer has been busy with wedding planning.  Now that she is finished with her Master's degree, they have more time for the wedding!




Cameron reports that the new witch brew shake at Sonic is not good.  It looks terrible.  I'll take his word for it, and not order that nonsense!

Wrenley got a book at her 15 month checkup!  She was so excited!




Headed into the weekend - anticipating a much needed break!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment