Thursday, March 19, 2020

Projects


















Today, I got my office staff back.  Evelyn will be hanging out with us for a few hours a day while Madison returns to work to pass out sack lunches.  When you pick up a sack lunch, they also give you a breakfast for the next morning.  I took the kids up today, they are serving anyone in the community from ages 1-18.  It is curb-side service, but your kids have to be present.   As long as people use it, they will continue through the summer.  It is free.  While we don’t have any real need, they need people to show up, and Madison needs a job.  So we went.  The kids were not excited (school lunch- yuck), but they got an uncrustable, a yogurt, and some other stuff they liked.  And a bowl of cereal for tomorrow (although Saige ate hers on the way home!).  We will probably take advantage of the program at least part of the time.  Either way, we were all happy to have our baby fix!   She is the sweetest, happiest, busiest kid and we love her!  

My filing is all done by sight number.  Saige caught right on to this, and actually accomplished about 3 years worth of filing.  Of course, now she thinks I should pay her!   She didn’t agree that a sack lunch from school was her payment.  

The people Madison bought her house from left some random stuff behind.  Madison threw these chairs away because she thought they were gross.  I liked them immediately.  The kids and I recovered them.  They turned out great!  One needs a brace, but that is an easy fix as well.  I’m pleased at how the kids worked together and helped me.  The world feels a little bit crazy, so teaching them to fix rather than buy stuff feels good to me.  

We also had an egg drop contest.  They all had fun designing their boxes and all of the eggs were unharmed.  They are just a tad bit competitive, but there was no bloodshed!  

The chickens and ducks are getting big really quickly.  Baby ducks grow so fast!   The girls are having a lot of fun with this project.  Of course, this is not an advertisement for Farmers only!  

Saige’s teacher set up a zoom meeting today.  Saige was able to call into it and see all her classmates and talk to her teacher.  It sounded like a chaotic, but happy meeting.  I know Saige is hurting over not going back to 2nd grade.  She is sad about having her first communion moved back.  She is the one of my kids taking this the hardest.  I am happy that her teacher set this up for them.   I am trying hard to keep the kids busy, and keep them from watching too much of the news.   I am doing this for my own benefit as well.  I just hope I can keep finding projects that are kid friendly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment