Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sunday - a day of rest





We usually get up early on Sunday to attend mass, but the archdiocese cancelled all masses, so we slept in.  I slept in.  I can not tell you the last time that happened.  It was heavenly.  We were planning to watch the live stream of mass, but there were technical difficulties and we never got it done.   I told the kids we would listen to it tomorrow.  I’m sure a one day delay is acceptable. I miss going to mass though, almost every single week I hear something that I needed to hear.  It feels sad that we had to miss.  But the sleeping in was nice.  And the lack of stuff to run to was nice.  We watched some movies, the girls cooked for us, and we basically just laid around.  I liked it.  I liked it a little too much.  Side note- Harper baked cookies all by herself.  She is a pretty good baker.  

It was Harper’s  day to water our garden plants and she was so excited to see little sprouts poking through.  I saw a little thing about how to start all sorts of other plants inside.  We will be trying some of them this week. Just for fun. 

A friend gave Quincy some Rouen duck eggs.  Quincy is always happy to incubate eggs.  She also has a couple of our own duck eggs in there as well - ours are Pekins.  Preston has been a little bit grumpy and he was complaining about this.  Ducks are messy and gross.  He’s not wrong, but I told him if the grocery store shortages continue, we may be eating these.  Now he is walking around grumbling about not eating any dang old ducks.  He’s pretty good for entertainment purposes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment