Saturday, March 28, 2020

Friday fun





Overall, we are not struggling much with social distancing and staying home.  There are things about the stay home order that make the kids sad though.  Not the things I hear other people are struggling with. I have friends who say their kids are missing friends, wanting to go play basketball at the park and a lot of other things. My kids are sad about not being able to get a Casey’s slush.  They are sad that although drive-throughs are open, we aren’t taking them to get their Dairy Queen 6 buck boxes.  Now don’t get me wrong, nobody here has gone without food, they just like what they like.   Yesterday I convinced them that we could make a decent slush at home.  Unlike the frozen soda at Casey’s, we used frozen fruit and some milk.  You know, healthier stuff.  They did not believe me, but were very happy when we were finished.  Quincy told me it would do for now. Harper told me it was better than she expected.   They have little faith in my culinary skills.   Even Saige drank a slush - which I count as a huge win because the girl doesn’t eat enough fruit or vegetables.  We also tried our hand at egg drop soup.  This was an epic fail, and Jim did end up bringing home cheese pizza from Casey’s. (Lent pizza problems).  Everyone is happy if you get Casey’s anything I guess.  

Everyone is happy when daddy gets home from work!   

One thing I was talking to the kids about - they should be thankful that this pandemic happened during a time in history with this much technology.  The internet is filled with places giving free virtual tours right now.  They can text friends.  They can FaceTime with friends.  They are not isolated the way we would have been if this had happened when I was a kid.  They are using zoom to connect with their classrooms. It is amazing.  And I love FaceTime the most.  I have been able to see and talk to the big boys, who are not close.  I text them frequently and we FaceTime as we have time.  It is not the same as having them here, but it is nice to see their faces.  I also used FaceTime to see my buddy!   She spent this week with her grandma Rachel.   We had made these arrangements several weeks ago.  Jim was supposed to be at a conference this week, which got cancelled.  Grandma Rachel still wanted to keep Evie though, so we haven’t gotten to see her since Monday.  I can’t wait until next week when I can watch her again!  I missed her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment