Sunday, March 29, 2020

Old school











Back in the day before I had kids, before our lives became a weird mixture of chaos caused by sports, 4-H, school activities and,  well life, I used to be a meticulous person.  Cabinets contained all the right things sorted on the right shelves.  Sort of.  Well, anyway it was neater than it has been currently.  Between life, and a mixture of households, things had gotten a wee bit out of control.  Preston and Quincy worked yesterday at the vineyard pruning grape vines.  They practiced social distancing (staying 2 rows apart from the owners) and were outside, so we allowed it.  Jim had a couple of work issues he had to take care of.  That left Saige, Harper and me to entertain ourselves.  These 2 worked really hard.  We got roughly half of the cabinets cleaned out and organized.  We will do the rest this week sometime.  We can’t work continually right?   

The kids have been walking down to the creek below our house.  It’s a good walk and they seem to need to be outside as much as humanly possible.  

On top of our cleaning and walking, we have also taken the time to do some old fashioned things that I loved growing up.  Puppet shows, pinwheel making, fortune tellers, dressing up chickens, visiting on the phone, watching strange television shows and enjoying more free time.  I often say I love our chaos, but I also love hanging out with these goobers.  

Evie has been under the weather.   I hope it is just teething.  We miss this little family.   
Tomorrow is the official start of online school for the kids.  We have been working on stuff already, and I have of course created some of our own projects, it should be an interesting week as we dive into a new batch of schooling projects.  I am praying for patience and guidance.   

No comments:

Post a Comment