Saturday, March 14, 2020

Home sweet home






It’s funny (figuratively not literally) to me how things can change in one week.  Last week, I happily loaded my son up on a bus to Florida.  We had a great time planning spring break activities.  This week, there is a pandemic and the world seems to have gone a little bit crazy.  I am not actually worried about caching Coronavirus, and I am not actually worried that if we did catch it that we wouldn’t be ok.  My worry is that the world isn’t taking it seriously enough and we are setting ourselves up for a catastrophe.   And so the kids and I did our what-if shopping yesterday.  Was it necessary?  We just aren’t sure.  As of right now our county has not called off school, but I believe with all the surrounding counties doing so, we will follow soon.   We have decided to keep our kids home next week regardless of what they decide. We have talked to our kids about self quarantine and social distancing.   We have used the actual numbers to make these decisions.  Although I often say my dream is to be told to stay home, this was not what I had in mind!   As we spend the next few days or weeks at home, I pray that we can use the time to become closer as a family,  and do some fun activities.   I don’t want my kids to be scared, but I do want them to be smart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment