Wednesday, March 25, 2020

No boredom here

















We are noticing that Frankie is excessively crabby and seems to be molting.  After talking with a friend who raises parrots, we learned that this is mating season.  Frankie might need a girlfriend.  He’s not getting one because one parrot is plenty.  This bird is so smart, so funny, and so loud.  When we are all home, he doesn’t understand why he can’t be the center of attention!  The good news is that he’s cute, so we guess he can stay.  

Yesterday while Quincy and Harper baked a Texas sheet cake, Saige made salt dough.  We baked and painted some snakes, turtles and a few other creations.  The girls liked this a lot.  Preston was busy playing games online and couldn’t be bothered with art time. 

Today was pick up day for the kid’s chrome books.  Whereas we have a home computer,  we probably would have been ok, but I thought trying to do online school with 4 kids and one computer seemed like a combination for disaster.  So the girls and I ran to all the schools and picked these up.  They were all relieved that  they got back their own devices, passwords were the same, work they had been saving was still there.  Pictures of their friends still saved. It gave them a huge sense of happiness and peace.  A component I hadn’t really thought about.   School officially starts back up on Monday.  I began getting the instructions yesterday, and I admit to it being a little bit overwhelming.  It was just so much information. So many things all at once.  I have now waded through most of it, the kids were very well trained on how to use most of it already.  I thought I was up to speed on the things my kids are doing at school.  I thought wrong.  Their computer use goes much deeper than I realized.  This is an eye opener for sure.  

It is beautiful today.  The neighbor was generous enough to let us go fishing in their pond.  It was fun for the girls, and they were happy that they all caught some fish.  Preston is working at the car wash.  He does this occasionally.  He is outside. He is wearing gloves and practicing his social distancing!   I say any day spent outside in the sunshine is a good day!  We are finishing out the day grilling some dinner and enjoying having the windows open!    


No comments:

Post a Comment