Thursday, March 5, 2020

Bring on break!


The kids (including Mallory and Madison) are excited because today is the last day of school before spring break.  I think it seems early, but it falls in line with what colleges are doing, so we are going with it!  It has been an interesting week.  Not as much going on, but we still don't seem to be able to stay home!  We are busily gathering stuff for Preston to pack for his trip to Orlando.  He is excited because in addition to the master class they are taking, they were selected to play at Universal!  He is playing in both the whole band performance, as well as a smaller select group.  He is looking forward to the trip.  I am looking forward to hearing all about it (as well as not thinking about all the stuff he needs to take any more!).
I know I posted this on facebook, but I wanted to save it here too.  This little girl definitely has her appetite and happy personality back!  She is stealing pickles and making us all laugh!  Madison and Andrew are supposed to close on their house next week.  I think it is safe to say while we are happy for them, we sure will miss having them around all the time.  Luckily, this move is only 10 miles away, not hundreds like the last time they moved!

Saige's teacher helped them make these adorable Mahomes handprints.  She was pretty excited that they finally got to bring them home!  She is an art loving girl for sure!

I have been looking for a farm house table for my dining room, watching auctions and yard sales, because I am a tight wad like that.  Preston volunteered to make me one in his shop class this semester.  I readily agreed because then I could get exactly what I was looking for!  He sent me a picture this morning to show me his progress.  I like it so far!  It is exactly what I had in mind!  I still have to watch auctions for chairs, but if you know me at all, you will know that auctions make me incredibly happy, so it isn't really a struggle!  :)  I can't wait to see how this turns out!  Preston doesn't love his shop class, but that is because he doesn't have any friends in there.  He said as long as he is busy, he doesn't mind it.  Knowing this, I have made a list!  haha!  

The school does spring photos as a fundraiser.  I never buy them because they are ridiculously priced.  This year's photos cracked me up!  What the heck Quincy!  You don't smile like that in real life!  

Harper and Saige both look a little constipated or something!  They are growing up so fast, and the definitely make me laugh.

We also found out that my brother will be having open heart surgery.  We are keeping him in our prayers for a quick and full recovery.  My brother Eric has the worst luck of any person I know.  All the progress they have made in recent years of being able to do the surgery through a vein, or laparoscopically, and he loses the genetic lottery and has to have the old fashion crack open surgery because he is missing a heart valve.  I know it will be a long recovery, but I am thankful that it is something they can fix.  If you are the praying type, he could use a few!  

No comments:

Post a Comment