Monday, March 2, 2020

Finale day

Sometimes, when things get busy, I admit that I have little mental countdowns to when it will be over.  I was happy Saturday, because we would finish the model meeting, and thus Sunday afternoons would be more free, since we would not have to practice anymore.  It might not be the best policy of parenting, my mother would accuse me of  "wishing the time away."  I do enjoy the kids, and I do enjoy their activities, but I also love me a good Sunday afternoon to get things caught up!
Anyway, the kid's model meeting group had their performance on Saturday morning (early).  I surprised the kids with new shirts.  I loved how they turned out, but Quincy told me they were "cringy."  I am not sure the exact definition of cringy, but I am sure it means something positive, after all the shirts are awesome!  





The performance did not go real well.  They forgot stuff, missed a few things, and dropped some of their parliamentary procedures.  
I am still very proud of them, they tried really hard, and you can't fault them for putting themselves out there and trying.  
They ended up getting top purple.  I was very surprised.  
Some of the kids can't attend regionals, so we are discussing whether they move on or not this evening.  It is an honor to be selected anyway!  I personally know of  3 girls who do not want to move on!  We will see what happens!  



How bad could it have been, they got ice cream afterwards!  :)  

After the model meeting, we dropped Quincy off at work, and went on to watch Saige play in her last 2 basketball games of the season.  I feel like this has been a really good experience for Saige.  She has learned a lot, and improved a lot.  I even saw some aggression on the court this time!  

This is the aggression I was happy about, and I might point out that although it looks bad, she actually did not hit that girl!  :)  






With those 2 games, her season is finished.  She told me she might want to play again, which she had been saying she would never play again!  So maybe she had some fun after she figured out what was going on!  
We were also very happy that Evelyn got to come home from the hospital.  She is like a different kid now.  Playing, happy, eating, and back to the old Evie!  It was such a relief to see her doing ornery stuff again.  I will happily let her pull every canned good out of the cabinets if she will just keep smiling that sweet smile at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment