Sunday, April 24, 2022

A little home therapy





I think I mentioned that things have been a bit crazy around here.  Today, I woke up, got ready for church, proud of myself because I didn’t forget the first communion breakfast casserole I was supposed to bring.  I was almost ready when Saige came crashing into the bathroom to tell me that the downstairs bathroom was flooded.  Yea me.  We got most of the water cleared up, and the toilet valve shut off and went on to church, leaving Preston to finish cleaning up.   Preston was going to sleep in since he got in so late after prom last night.  That was not in the cards for him.  We did get the toilet fixed and aside from needing to let some fans run for a day or two, no real harm done.  Also good news - Jim and I figured out why the bathtub was leaking and got that fixed.  I wish we had as much luck with the car situation.  Oh well, Rome wasn’t built in a day.  
I needed a day at home.  I was happy to have one.  We got our garden planting started.  I always feel good after spending time digging in the dirt.  Jim helped me by getting the tiller running, which I thought was broken so I was very thrilled!  We got a lot of other stuff accomplished too.  I even got the Chinese food that I had been craving - thanks to Jim!  I wish I could say we had tomorrow off, but we don’t.  I guess we are pretty close to summer break!  We can do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment