Saturday, April 23, 2022

Ducks, garage sale, prom


So far, it has been a crazy weekend.   Yesterday, Harper had an appointment.  Afterward, we stopped for goat food. And we saw them.  A whole stock tank full of baby ducks.   We lack self control.  We left the store with 6 little duckies who somehow ended up in our cart.  Harper was thrilled.  The smile on her face made it worth it all!   We took Daddy lunch and broke the news to him!   He is used to my insanity, so not a lot of surprise from him!  

But seriously.  How could you walk by and not get them?   Have you ever seen anything cuter? 























Today was the city wide garage sale day for Overbrook.  The 4-H had their annual garage sale.  Here is how I handled it.  I decided I didn’t want to help this year.  I avoided all conversations about it.  I sat by while my co-leader volunteered to be in charge.  I sat quietly as they planned. I did gather some donations for it, but I made no plans to be there.   Until 3 days ago. The co-leader put the sign ups out and got nothing.   Lots of excuses, a couple volunteers, and nothing more.  Guilt started to eat at me.  Then, when the sale was so close a s she didn’t have much help, I said ok I guess.   And that is how I ended up at a garage sale at 7 on a Saturday.  And how I wasted an entire day helping out at the sale.   But it is done.  And the kids made a crazy, insane amount of money.  Truly, aside from the time, it is an awesome fundraiser.  I took zero photos, but Saige and Harper worked really hard today.  I am proud of them. Of course, Saige may have some hoarder tendencies, and she has a lot of new room decor this evening.   
We got home, took a short nap, and it was time for Preston to get ready for his junior prom!   Prom story time - the mom (me) asked him several weeks ago if he was going. Nope!  Not doing it.   A couple weeks went by. I asked again.  This time he said -yea me and a bunch of the guys are going.  So the next logical step- what are you going to wear?   Don’t worry mom!  I got it covered.  I asked once every couple days until I finally decided he was just out of luck.  Tonight he was up here asking me where his dress shoes are, where his suspenders are.  Uhhhh boy- you had it under control remember?
The girl in these photos is Preston’s friend Liv.  Her mom is a librarian for the state capitol library -and  she got them into the capitol building to take pictures.  I love them!   They are much better than the ones I took before he left, and better than the selfies he sent me.  Also a fun side story- the prom was supposed to be from 9-11.  Preston refused to go to the afterprom party (and I was happy- he isn’t going- I’m not working it).  He texted me a question at 9:40.  I asked him how the prom was and he said “it was sooo boring so we ditched it and are eating at ihop!”    Way to not even make it a whole hour boys!    

No comments:

Post a Comment