Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter

























We had a busy weekend with all the kids home.  
We had the anniversary party yesterday, and then we all went out for dinner.   After dinner, the boys went fishing, the girls hung out at Mallory’s house.  The little girls and I came home, mostly because I was tired and wanted to veg out for a while.  About 8, Saige reminded me that we never dyed our eggs.  These 2 were the only ones home, but we dyed them anyway!  
We celebrated Easter together today.  The big kids were good and took some pictures before mass.  The younger ones (and their mom) were running later than I wanted to be for church and somehow didn’t take a picture when everyone was dressed nice.  

We had an amazingly relaxed day, eating, visiting, and hunting eggs.  We had to hunt eggs in the basement since it was cold and rainy.  No matter what the weather was like, I was so glad to have my crew all together for the holiday!   I was happy that my parents and sister could join us as well!  

Cameron and Lauren ran over to see GIgi’s bottle baby.  I love how happy this made Lauren.  We are going to make her a farmer yet!  


I do not think that Cash approves of his dad carrying around mom-  his favorite person!   
I love Easter!  It’s such a fun holiday.  I am filled with thankfulness!  

We did have one thing change in our family that I am sad about.  We made a decision to rehome Frankie.  I loved him.  Jim liked him ok, but the kids all hated him.  He was so loud.  He made terrible screaming noise all the time. Last week, we found a person who used to raise parrots who was looking for companion.   After talking to them at length, I made the decision that we would let them take the bird.  I hope this will be a very positive thing for Frankie.  A lot of the time, we were getting mad at him for acting like a parrot.  He spent a lot of time in his cage because he had a sort of biting habit and Saige was scared of him.   I hope he will have a better life than the one we were giving him here.   It was sad, but I am hopeful that it was positive for the bird.  The person has agreed that if he is not a good match, they will return him here.  We shall see.  
Anyway, Easter was amazing, the weekend was exhausting, we are all happy, blessed and thankful that we got to be together.  And now I need an Easter nap!   

No comments:

Post a Comment