Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Universal mercy









We all have weeks where we cry out  to the universe, and to the good Lord for mercy.  It seems like we are going on a month of just weird junk going and I am tired.  Nothing actually tragic has happened, and for that I am thankful, but it seems like at every turn there is some annoying inconvenience.   One or two, I can handle, but this is hourly and sometimes a girl just wants to be done with all of this adulting business.   Meetings, field trips, end of the year junk, planning for next year, count downs and insane amounts of money for things we didn’t even know existed have felt like an added burden when I’m in an annoyed state.  Two broken cars (again) and a leaking bathtub have added to the misery. I’m begging for mercy.   Or at least a couple day break between broken things.  
Enough of that pity party.  Things aren’t actually that bad.   Saige had a trip to the one room school house this week.  Funny story - when Mallory and Madison went on this field trip, they were very into Laura Ingalls Wilder (books, movies, tv show - all of it).  They absolutely loved this trip.  They are still talking about how cool it was.   The rest of my kids didn’t enjoy it much.  Harper didn’t get to go at all- because Covid- but I did take her on a tour of the one room school with some historical speaker and she did think that was cool.  Anyway - for this trip the kids are supposed to dress as they would have in 1920.  They are supposed to pack a lunch in a lunch pail (which the school provides) with foods that would have been packed in 1920.  My other children understood this assignment.  Saige?  Notsomuch.  And the thing is, I am getting old.  And soft.  She wore her Dorothy (as in wizard of oz)  costume that Lauren gave her - with a jacket over it.  She packed a lunchable.   Oh and some Oreos.   Pretty sure she was not period-appropriate.   She said it was boring and she hopes she never has to go to another place like it.   I’m not sad that this is my last kid to figure out period-specific clothes and food for!


Evie has been full of it lately.  It is impossible to have a bad day when she is around.  She always makes me laugh.  





No comments:

Post a Comment