Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Closing in











I can feel summer slipping away.  It makes me sad.  Summer is never long enough.  This week, I took the girls school shopping.  Preston was at work, so we bought his supplies, but he will have to get his own shoes and clothes and I will just pay him back.  I refuse to buy him clothing or shoes unless he is present, because of the "dad shoes" incident.  He didn't seem overly concerned, said he and some friends were going school shopping soon.  The girls were fairly easy this year.  I took them, texted them each their supply list, and turned them loose.  We stopped off for shoes and bingo - we were done!  Not without a few tears (mostly from me), a tiny amount of drama (Saige), and some awful, smelling old shoes being thrown away (Harper)....oh and one along to make fun of everything that was said (Quincy).  That chore being done always makes me feel better, but worse at the same time.  Truth be told, I am just never ready.  
We still have a few days left though!  This week, we have done a few appointments for dental work, the farrier, and a few other odds and ends.  The farrier informed me that my pony has gotten kind of fat.  It figures I can put weight on an animal that should not be fat, but not on animals that we were selling by the pound!  :)  Coco is going to have to stop free ranging the yard and get locked up for part of the day.  Overweight ponies eating too much grass founder, which is a bad thing.  Poor Coco.  He was living his best life eating the yard, coming up to the door for treats, and hanging around for back scratching while I worked on stuff in the mornings!  He can still do these things, but on a more limited basis!  Have I mentioned how much I love this silly little pony?  He is the sweetest thing ever.  (ignore the stick tights in his mane - his patience level for me combing wasn't real high.)  

Jim has adopted a dog.  Her name is Minnie, but we all call her Penny.  She is not our dog, but she doesn't know it.  Jim loves her.  She has also put on a lot of weight, which I think it good considering that someone had starved her.  She runs back and forth between the neighbor's house and ours, eating at both houses.  

Do you want to know how to make me pee myself?  Well, you crawl out of the skimmer onto my arm as I am cleaning debris out of the leaf basket.  Seriously not sure how the frog or I survived.  I did a little dance, screamed, flung the frog, and he landed on the side of the pool, then sat there looking at me like what the heck is your problem?  Not one who is afraid of critters, but this one got me good!

Quincy got a new job (as long as she passes a TB test) at Brookside.  She doesn't start for a few more days, and she has been enjoying having a few days off.  I was happy she was at home, as we are having a series of broken junk lately.  I needed her to let in the dishwasher repair man (which was a waste of time since dishwasher is officially dead), the plumber, the farrier, it has been a great help to me!   She also helped me with getting the school shopping done, and took Saige fishing.  They are all trying to squeeze in a few more summer activities before we have to get on a schedule.  Her ankle is much better already!  I am thankful for that!

I am not the only one checking appointments off of my list.  Evelyn got to go to her first dentist appointment!  She has been so excited about it!   She always wants to sit in the seat when we take Harper to the orthodontist!  I am glad she finally got her turn!  Madison has this week off work, and I am missing my sidekick!  
I am hoping to do a few more fun days before we kick back into school mode!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment