Friday, August 19, 2022

Additionally….










First week (actually first 2 days) kicked us in the bits.   Did I encourage us to get back on some semblance of a schedule ahead of time?  Of course not!  Did we get our stuff organized ahead of time?  Of course not!    Did I catch up laundry?   Nope!   We winged it all.  And if I was honest, that was the wrong choice.  The last 2 days have felt like 200 days. I’m hoping we can settle in and use this weekend as a time to get out $hit together.   Fingers crossed.   

Evelyn seemed to settle into the preschool scene pretty easily.  Honesty, she is an easy going kid. Always has been.  She’s smart and not afraid to speak up.  That helps!  Since Madison and Andrew both have early morning jobs, Evelyn is going to come to our house and ride the bus to school with Saige and Harper.  Aside from the early hours, I think it will work great!   Her life has always consisted of early mornings, so not much new there!   We worked it out so she can ride the bus back from Scranton to aunt Amy’s daycare.  Since Amy lives directly behind my office, I can walk over and pick her up.  Since I am in town at work with a school bus, this is a tremendous help!   The only problem I see with this set up is that she wants to play with Amy’s kids.  
We did take her out for a first day lunch.  This was the look she gave when we asked her about her first day.   But then, she decided to tell us and man did the gates open up.  She learned a song. She yelled at a bad boy who mixed the play dough colors.  She played on the slide.   She didn’t make any friends but someday she will try to.   And most importantly, she didn’t say any bad words or pee her pants.  

The last few years, we have gone shopping and eaten at small cakes on the day before school starts.   This year, we actually had our school shopping done, but we ran a few errands and got groceries.  We met Madison and Evie at Crumbl Cookie instead.  It was good, but as someone who knows how to bake, I probably don’t need to go back as I thought it was expensive for cookies.  As a treat though, the cookies were good!   

After we finished running errands, I picked up Olive from her stay at the vet.  She was soooo happy to see me, and when I pulled in her driveway she started howling and was so excited.   It was almost sad.  She could potentially be a very sick dog, but she sure acts ok!   They are still doing Lab work, and we are all hoping for the best!  She’s a mess, but we all love her.  I had to pick her up because Mal was working at the back to school bash.  I’m not sure what she did to deserve getting pied in the face over and over, but this was what she was up to.   I love this photo.  The little girl in the background is the granddaughter of one of my mother’s best friends.  She is all sorts of ornery and we all love her!   It’s always funny if you aren’t the one getting the phone calls.  

Evie has been gardening.  She got a little tater.  She was very excited and told me all about what you can do with taters.  It sort of reminded me of the shrimp scene in the movie “Forest Gump.”   
The girls seem like they had ok first days.  I got a solid “meh” from both Quincy and Harper.  I had a very detailed run down from Saige.  Preston announced that it was the same first day as he has had for 13 years - no drinking, drugs, bullying, guns, fighting or tobacco.  No fun.  We worry about all things except that which should be worried about.  
Well yes son, what would you like them to say?   
Up next - weekend.  Thanks be!  

No comments:

Post a Comment