Saturday, August 13, 2022

Parade night.




















The fairboard separated the fair over 2 weeks as an experiment.  I don’t know how it worked for them, or if they will do it again, but as a 4-H mom, I loved it.  We didn’t have to rush around, fight for parking, or feel like we were missing out while we were showing and selling.   For the first time, my kids rode the 4-H float without having to jump off halfway through and get animals ready for the auction.  And we had time to just go enjoy the food and carnival tonight.   I am a fan.  I would never say this is how it should be, but I did enjoy it.  

The 4-H club is celebrating its 90th year.   We had a birthday party theme float.  The girls all rode.  It was hot, and Quincy said she was a little annoyed by the time it was over.   I had to buy Saige candy since she didn’t get to pick any up during the parade!  

Aunt Karen and Uncle Leo were the grand Marshall’s of the parade this year.   Aunt Karen was a lot more excited about it than Leo was.  

The band sounded amazing. I enjoyed their performance!  If you squint, you can find Preston!   

After the parade, the girls and Evie rode carnival rides.  I got suckered into helping Mallory and the teachers with the small concession stand at the tractor pull, but not for long!   I hope they made money!   
It was a really fun evening!   A good last weekend of fun before school!  

No comments:

Post a Comment