Sunday, August 7, 2022

What Q cooked up





Last night, I told the kids we had to spend today recovering.  We were going to go to mass,  clean out the vehicles, put away the fair equipment, and work on laundry, also we were going to have a low key day but accomplish some stuff as well.  They agreed with me.   They AGREED!   
We left for church.   Quincy was late (as always). We were all waiting in the car for her.  She came busting out the front door, jumped off the porch, I watched as her ankle buckled under her and she wiped her face on the driveway.  She got up, got in the car, and started to cry.   If you know Quincy at all, you know she doesn’t cry.  Ever.  Even when she was a tiny girl, she refused to cry.  She would walk stuff off, she laughs at times when anyone else would cry, but she never really gets overwhelmed by pain.  We went on to church.  She managed to get through mass and didn’t act too off about it.   We left church,  and she told me she wasn’t sure how she would be able to get her boot off.  We managed to help her with the boot, but her ankle looked like it swallowed a softball.  I made lunch while she iced and elevated it.  It didn’t help.  So much for my low key, big productive day.  Off to express care we went!  She can’t bear any weight on it, so I was concerned it was broken. It isn’t.  She has a really bad sprain.  

Quincy is now wearing an old air cast that Cameron had.  She can get around a little better with that. I hope she feels better before school starts!  
Low key day- Hope should know better!   

No comments:

Post a Comment