Saturday, August 6, 2022

Auction night
















Fair 2022 is a wrap!  The kids all sold their goats this evening.  It was extremely hot, and I was happy to have the fair wrapped up!   

People were excessively generous!  All of our kid’s goats sold for nice profits.  I am always humbled by the people who show up year after year and support these kids.  

My crew is growing up.  There were no tears shed this year over this group of goats.  They worked hard, helped each other, team worked the hard parts, and I was pretty proud of, and impressed with them all!  Did I mention I was happy to wrap things up and be home?   Much happier due to Nate fixing our ac!   I’m looking forward to sleep!  
Side note - fair is a ton of fun.  I have so many fair memories from my childhood, and Jim says the same.  Fair is also sleep depriving, stressful, busy, and a little bit expensive.   It used to be that by the end of the week, we were all sick of each other and it seemed like Jim and I would end up arguing.   Last year, we made a goal to not have our annual fight.  We achieved that goal.  This year, we joked about making it a fight free tradition.  Success!   We might just be getting old. We were joking about it this morning and I literally told Jim that even if I wanted to, I wouldn’t fight with him about anything because I was exhausted from sleeping without Ac, and from the fair schedule.  I’m not as young as I used to be -when I could do the fair and argue! 

No comments:

Post a Comment