Friday, August 5, 2022

Pet show day
















Today was the pet show.  Saige showed Carlos, and Evie showed Bailey.  Both the humans and the dogs did great!   Although Carlos tried to attack a much larger dog.   I swear he isn’t smart enough to know when he could get his face eaten off.  Lucky, Buddy was a very patient boy!   
Carlos got a little too chunky for his small harness, so we had to buy him a medium.  He is too little for a medium!  

Saige made a poster all about chihuahuas.  She spent a lot of time looking up facts.  She also is the primary care giver for Carlos, so she knows all about him.  She talked to the judge for a really long time.  She told her all sorts of information.  As a result of her work, she was the reserve champion of the pet show!  

Evie was in the open class.  She did a good job talking to the judge as well, but she was sort of busy pointing out the poop on the arena floor, and then the snow cone shack pulled in.   Her attention for showing the dog was shot!  I love that kid.  She makes me laugh. She and Bailey got a red ribbon.  Having no knowledge of the significance of the ribbon colors, she was pretty mad that she didn’t get a pink ribbon.  The show superintendent took pity on her and gave her a pink ribbon when nobody was looking.   

Being a reserve champion is apparently exhausting.  
The highlight of the day was definitely NOT coming home to discover that our air conditioner shot craps while we were gone.  It’s not terrible in here, particularly if you’re in the basement.  A repair person is supposed to be here tomorrow.   I sincerely hope that they can get us up and running again!   I spend a lot of time outside, but I often tell people that I love the grid.  I like having power, air conditioning, indoor plumbing. All of it.   

Colin and Spencer were planning to come up this weekend, but Colin is sick.   Earlier this week, he sent us some pictures of the fish he caught when he went noodling.  I know he is an adult, but the noodling is scary.  Nice catches though!  

Andrew is fulling a life long dream to race tonight.  I hope he is safe and has fun.  I am super proud of him and can’t wait to go watch soon!  

Cameron and Lauren sent a lot of pictures of the critters they found after it rained!  Bonus of living in the swamp!   Lauren sent me a video of her classroom.  She gets actual little people next week.  Sounds like they  are doing good, which makes me happy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment