Monday, August 15, 2022

Bunnies!




Today we bought 4 girlfriends for Berry and Wyoming.   I’m not sure how Jim actually felt about it, but he seems like he is a fan.  The girls and I have plans.  There will be more pens, and babies involved in these plans!   Yes, this is a tough breed to deal with getting show quality rabbits, but seriously, I think we can sell the non-show quality ones, as they are used for meat.  This breed (Harlequin) is exceedingly docile, so I think selling them as pets will be a definite possibility as well!  We may branch into a different breed as well, but we are in the set-up/experiment phase of this plan.  We shall see how it goes!   I love rabbits so much.  They are some of my favorites!  
Today was a weird day.  Our dishwasher died a couple weeks ago.  I have been dragging my feet about getting a new one.  Not because I love doing dishes by hand, but because I feel if you are going to put disposable quality products out, they should have disposable prices!   The microwave is also dying now.   Jim and I planned to go appliance shopping tonight, but I just didn’t feel like going and he wasn’t feeling well.  I know it is a task we need to do, but seriously, I wasn’t sad to stay home.   I spent a little time in the pool, and a little time with Mallory, who has Olive at the vet’s office because she is having potty issues.  We are worried about her, and google definitely isn’t helping.   As I was talking to Mallory, I got a phone call from the Lawrence police.  They had stopped Preston.  He had no proof of current insurance, he had changed lanes without signaling, and was driving erratically.  I’m not sure when “call your momma” became a standard of police work, but I was able to assure the officer that he does indeed have insurance.  The officer asked me what he should do, and I said “give him a ticket if he’s not following the law.”   I heard Preston groan and say “dang it mom!”   But seriously, I’d rather him get a ticket and maybe think about what he’s doing, rather than getting hurt, or hurting someone else.  The officer gave him a warning.  Lucky boy!  Preston may find himself riding the bus to school later this week!   Interestingly, it was a year ago  that I got a different call about police, when his car was stolen and wrecked.  Maybe he should stay home in August!  

No comments:

Post a Comment