Sunday, January 23, 2022

Sunday update





Well this weekend has been interesting.  Jim is better. He is off quarantine, and going back to work tomorrow (masking up of course).  He worked outside and helped me do some stuff around the house. And I'm glad for that, because today I felt  like dog poo.   I’ve have had the chills, but no fever.  I have not lost my taste or smell,  but nothing sounds good or tastes good. I keep wondering how bad it would be if I wasn’t vaccinated.  I am fairly certain I will live, but I’m definitely ready to be over it.  
During the sunflower showdown, I was texted by our old neighbor.  She sent a video from Barstool Kansas state with Cameron getting a buzz cut for luck in the game.  It didn’t work, but I admire his willingness to try!  At least this time, he was mostly clothed and not on fire.  (Definite improvement).  

Not to be outdone, Spencer sent me a picture of Colin’s new hair cut.   I told them I hoped he only paid for half a haircut because they missed the back!   Colin said that Spencer did the cutting.  I hope he tipped her good!   I miss my kids!  I’m glad I heard from all of them this weekend!  

Sunday dinner has come to be very special for me.  It is a time we can set aside to all be together.  Sometimes the kids stay and hang out afterward and sometimes they don’t, but having one meal a week where we make the time to sit down together and catch up makes me incredibly happy. This week, of course we had to skip it.  I miss the kids.  Mallory comes out a couple nights a week for dinner usually.  Evie and Madison  are here every day.  They have all stayed away all week.  Which is good, but I miss them all.  Andrew’s birthday was this weekend.  I feel bad that they cancelled his party due to being exposed to Covid by us.  I feel bad that we didn’t get to have his Sunday birthday dinner.  But I’m still thankful that they all live close,  and that we are still not that sick with this Covid crap.  

Preston is a huge bills fan. He has no Covid symptoms at this point, but he is a little bit heart broken over the loss.  Jim has been craving McDonald’s, so he sent Preston to Topeka.  It was nice to not have to cook.  
We have charred oranges and given Quincy vitamins.  She is feeling pretty good, but still doesn’t have taste or smell.  Charring oranges is  gross.  The burned skin of the orange gets on your hands and is all but impossible to get off. We just want to help her!  It’s a weird thing to try, but at this point everything is weird.  
Saige and Harper get out of quarantine tomorrow.  Quincy gets out Tuesday.  There is no school tomorrow, so we have one more day for them to rest up.  They all seem to be over the worst of it. I have lost track of what medicine is working for which kid, and how many days they have been home.  I was telling Jim today, I love being home, but I do  not want anyone to tell me I have to stay home.  He gave me the look, but decided a discussion over it wouldn’t do anyone any good.  I will say, it was easier to stay in quarantine when the whole world was doing the same.  This weekend we missed a wrestling tournament, a basketball game, basketball practice, church, and Sunday dinner and who knows what else.  Does it really matter? No it doesn’t.  But it feels weird.  For the last 25 years, we haven’t really been home, then the pandemic hit.  We were home for months.  Getting back to life (even though some things have changed) felt good, but sort of scary.  Two years in, and I am just over it. Like everyone else I’m sure.  And that brings us up to speed.  Good night from the germ house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment