Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Sad about it












I spent this day bouncing between trying to get everything done and caught up before break ends, getting updates from the guys on the things they were doing in Texas, and hanging with the little girls, who don’t necessarily have any joy about their vacation ending.  The boys seem like they packed a ton of stuff into one day.  I love that they got up early and went to Galveston to watch the sun rise at the gulf.  The fact that they are doing brother stuff makes me happy, as I know Preston misses his brothers.  

Saige spent the afternoon making dozens of mini snowmen.  I think Ollie had fun running around them!   Personally, I was happy with the snow melting, and I did go drive some of my roads that never melt off.  I think all systems are go, but they are saying more bad weather coming in.  I had hoped we could forgo winter this year.   

We put together a smorgasbord of snacks for dinner and settled in to watch the Cats play in the Texas bowl.  Jim was home long enough to get a plate, eat, and watch the kick off, and then was called back into work for a water line break.  I felt bad for him, and I would have gone in his place if I knew the first thing about water lines.  I know he wanted to watch the game.  I’m trying to text him updates, but it’s not the same.  
I also had a bunch of sympathetic conversations with the kids about why we have to go back to school.  It’s because we have to finish the year in order to gain access to summer of course!   Sad or not, it’s back to reality!  

No comments:

Post a Comment