Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Times up




How are we doing?   Well how nice that you asked.  We are doing a little better, but still a ways from well. Oh it doesn’t matter?  We have to return to work tomorrow?  Awesome. Count me in.   That’s how this feels.   New protocol 5 days out, then 5 days with a mask in public.  I’m sure I could take more days off.  As a matter of fact, the bus boss asked me if I wanted more days, but I declined.  I have too much stuff going on with payroll and contracts and engineering to stay home any longer.  So I’ll pull myself up, put on my big girl panties, swallow down the DayQuil and get back at it.   Tomorrow.  Today, I still have the sniffles, eye strain, and a raging headache.   I’ve dealt with worse.  But never for this long.  I’m very thankful that I got the vaccine and the booster so that I had a “mild” case!   
Saige was home again today, after going back yesterday.  She had a headache and sore throat again. She said she feels better this evening after literally sleeping all day.  Harper and Quincy both went to school.  I think they are actually better.   Jim is also feeling a lot better.  Preston still has no symptoms.  

Which brings me to this.  I miss my girl so much!  I don’t like to go this long without hanging out with her. I know she’s been having fun with GG this week, and I did ask that GG maybe finish off the week. I am terrified of giving this stuff to her. That is the last thing I would want to do.   She has been going to work with her mom in the early mornings and then when GG comes in on the bus, she goes with her!   She likes this arrangement I am told.  I’m thankful that it has worked out.   Hopefully by next week, we really are back to normal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment