Saturday, January 22, 2022

Update from the crap shack





 Now Preston is the last one of us who isn’t sick.  He is holed up in his room trying hard to avoid us all, but I feel like him catching this crap is inevitable.  I’m still hopeful, but it doesn’t seem possible.   He calls to tell us to to clear out and comes up to get food.  Then runs back down to his lair.  I feel bad, but there’s nothing I can do to make the situation better or different.  
I spent yesterday with incredible eye strain.  I didn’t feel bad and didn’t know it was  Covid.  I woke up today with the same cold like symptoms the girls have had.  Sniffles, sore throat.  I managed to secure a bus sub, got my work email changed onto my phone, notified my maintenance man so he can check voice mail and mail, and sadly, notified Madison that we need to keep Evelyn away for a little longer.  I am in quarantine until Thursday, if my symptoms are better, then I can return to the land of the living, with a mask of course.   Honesty, I have had worse colds than what this feels like, but it is early in the game, so I am being optimistic. I’m still a little annoyed about it.    

Jim felt good enough to go outside today and trim brush.   He also had enough energy to not be happy at all with the results of the sunflower showdown.  He even did a little yelling at the tv.  Honesty, I never understand his tv yelling, but I’m happy he’s better!  
Harper and Saige are mostly better as well.  Harper still has a little residual cough, but she and   Quincy spent a great deal of time outside today, saying the sunshine and fresh air felt good.  Quincy has lost her taste and smell.  We tried the charred orange trick, it made no difference.  The cat had an accident, and Quincy was picked to clean it up, since she can’t smell. This could come in sort of handy!    Mallory made us dinner and did a porch drop.  I was laughing at Quincy eating a slice of pie, and Harper describing the taste to her.  They are funny.  I was teasing Quincy about having to cut weight when she goes back to wrestling practice because she was literally eating everything and saying “can I taste this?….nope!   Can I taste this?….nope.”   

I’m now just praying that we all get back to regular life.  I always say I want to stay home, but when I actually have to, I feel overwhelmed by the stuff I’m not taking care of.  This well oiled machine just doesn’t run itself, despite what it looks like, my micromanagement is necessary.  (Kidding….sort of). 

No comments:

Post a Comment