Friday, January 28, 2022

3rd place and updates










Quincy is back.  She wrestled last night at Garnett. She didn’t have a good night.  I think the time off and sickness had gotten to her a little.   Jim went over to watch. He said she wrestled well but didn’t get it done.  Tonight, she wrestled at the Baldwin invitational for girls.  She had a great night in a huge tournament and placed 3rd in her weight class.    Her team also placed 3rd out of 19 teams.  Pretty good night.  
I am sad to have missed both. I am definitely feeling much better.  I’d go so far as to say cured even.  And I feel blessed that our family made it through Covid without any real problems. I do however, still have a little bit of back pain and a dull head ache that comes and   goes. Evening seems to be a little worse.   I also worried I might still be contagious.  I know I followed the quarantine rules, but can we really be too careful?   So I sat these out.  Tomorrow will be 10 days so I feel like that is more adequate for my return to sporting events.  
The girls and Jim are all pretty much back to normal.  I haven’t heard any of them complain about any symptoms for a couple of days.  The last time Saige complained, we gave her some cold medicine.  Since she refuses to swallow a pill, she mixed this liquid in a cup of water so “it would taste better.”   She quickly learned that something that tastes bad doesn’t get better when mixed in water.  Also something that was maybe half an ounce becoming 6 ounces is just not the best mathematically.   She did drink it, and that seems to have cured all of her ailments.   A win for all of us!   Preston hasn’t had any symptoms.  Praying that it stays that way!  

Today at Mallory’s school, they celebrated Kansas day.  Grandpa was going to bring in a calf, but unfortunately doesn’t have any yet (or at least any that survived).  He brought in some corn and talked to the kids about farming instead.
Andrew called to check on us today, and told me that he had missed us last week, and hoped that we were doing Sunday dinner again.   These things make my heart swell.  Family is my happy place.   
I’m happy that this week is over.  I know I only worked 2 days, but seriously, we need a weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment