Sunday, January 2, 2022

New year- new you? Nope. New year- same old chaos.




I know there are people out there who like snow, ice, and cold winter weather.   I am not one of them.  I was happy that the fist “winter storm” happened to fall on a 3 day weekend where we could stay home while it was at its worst.  
It sort of made us rethink what we allowed the kids to do for New Year’s Eve as well.  I was extremely happy that Grace came up for a few hours on New Year’s Eve day.  Always happy to see her!  She and I have a 30 year tradition of doing a calendar exchange. My kids don’t understand my joy of having a paper calendar.  But mom your phone has a calendar?   Yes it does. And I use it, but my OCD likes having a place where everything is written down and viewable by everyone in the house.   Don’t know where mom is?  Look at the calendar!   Don’t know where you’re supposed to be?  Calendar!  Want mom to help with something or take you someplace?  It better be on the calendar or it’s not happening. Anyway, it was awesome to see Grace and have a few hours to sit and visit.  I love that she is now less than an hour away.  We were meant to live closer together I believe!  

Of course, after Grace went home, I updated the calendar and thought to myself “break is definitely ending- look at this mess!”   Not as crazy as some winters have been, but with Saige playing basketball, and Quincy wrestling, and the school schedule, January filled up fast!  Chaos is a blessing though, it means we are able bodied and able to go.   I will be thankful for it, as I know how fast these kids grow up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment