Sunday, January 9, 2022

Weekends are made for rest?
















This time of year laundry, cleaning and relaxation on weekends take a backseat to winter sports.  Yesterday, Quincy wrestled in a large tournament in Rossville.  She went 2-1 and finished 2nd.   I missed getting her photo on the  medal stand, as I drove the bus and had to go warm things up.  Chad, the bus boss/wrestling coach was supposed to play wrestling mom and   take pictures, but he didn’t text them to me yet.  I enjoyed this so much.  Girls wrestling is really taking off.  This was a boys and girls tournament. (They don’t wrestle each other). I got to watch my cousin wrestle as well this way. I am really impressed with how the girls are getting included, and how many girls there are signed up.  It’s awesome to see.   Quincy is really wrestling well.  She had some tough matches yesterday.  It was a lot of fun!  

Since I drove the bus to wrestling, Jim was on basketball duty.  Saige’s team had their first game yesterday against Olpe.  I got a text from Jim saying they were finished, and that Saige’s team got beat 0-50. I said OUCH!  By the time I got home and had Jim recap the game, in true Jim fashion, he had somehow put a positive spin on it, telling me all the ways they had correctly executed plays, and listing several things that they did right.  Saige wasn’t too upset.  She said the other team “cheated - but that’s just who they are” and that they would get them next time.  Saige actually talked more about the trip to sonic afterward than she did the game.  Focus on the positive.  

Booyaa!  

No comments:

Post a Comment