Monday, January 3, 2022

They made it!





Cameron and Preston took off early this morning.  They had a 12 hour drive that they wanted to make in 12.5 hours.  Two stops were allowed for getting gas.  One at a Casey’s in Oklahoma, where they planned to eat lunch, but were disappointed because there was no pizza by the slice.  The second was at Buc-ee’s. Now I am not a Texan, and definitely not much of a traveler, but apparently Buc-ee’s is an “A tier” place to stop.   They texted to say that they made it.  No report on how they were feeling after consuming gas station steaks.  I’m just happy they made it safely!  

We had a 4-H meeting tonight, where we added model meeting practices to our winter to-do list. I am not excited about more places to run, but I do think doing a model meeting helps the kids immensely with their parliamentary procedure.  It’s not a popular opinion with my girls, but they are easily swayed by Casey’s slushes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment