Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Broiler day and a new ride (again).







We ordered broilers weeks ago.  The way things work now is definitely not how it used to work, and a lot less convenient.  I love this particular hatchery.   We have had amazing luck, they are great to work with, their prices are reasonable and the birds always seem healthy.  But you have to order weeks in advance. It’s like they wait to incubate the eggs until you place the order. It definitely hasn’t always been that way.  It works out ok, but it also makes it hard to get in pullets at the same time.  Which means this weekend, I will be making a trip to tractor supply to grab a few pullets.  Also, there is a new type of avian flu going around, so I am nervous about my birds not being able to go to the processing plant in July as planned.   Fingers crossed!   

But seriously….why are they so cute?   Evelyn asked if she could just keep one at my office instead of sending them all to GG’s house.   Negative kid- sorry!   You might also notice that these birds look a little bit pink.  They have a new spray they can put on them that is supposed to help with Coccidia.  Or maybe it is not new, I just hadn’t ever heard of it before.   I hope it works!  I sort of like pink birds!  

Preston has had a string of bad luck this year with vehicles.  As you recall, the car he bought last summer was stolen and wrecked.  The thief had his day in court and was ordered to pay Preston for the car.  Unfortunately, I don’t believe Preston will ever see a penny of that money due to the guy being a dead beat.  Anyway, this fall we helped him purchase a 4Runner.  He had nothing but bad luck with it, ending with the car needing thousands of dollars in repairs, and we decided to cut our losses on it.   We have friend who owns a dealership.  I texted him and he said he was sure he could help if we gave him a couple weeks.  That wait was up today, as he found Preston a nice older model Altima.  Tonight I am on my knees praying for this car  to be the one that will last him for a few years.  It is a really pretty little car and   he is super exited.  


No comments:

Post a Comment