Saturday, May 7, 2022

Concert night













Last night, the bands had a concert.  It started with the 5th grade band, included all the bands clear through high school.  Which is nice because I can go to one place and watch all the kids.  But it is also long, as in 4 hours. Saige isn’t in band, and her patience level for such a long night was, shall we say, not it’s finest.  I am a huge fan of the band, the band director is one of my favorite people, and I have dedicated a large portion of my life to helping him.  Last night was no different, as the band boosters served dinner to everyone who attended.  We wrapped hotdogs for hours.  Literally.   I did take a break to watch Harper, and by the time the high school played, we were done with wrapping.   I was happy to be able to sit down at the end of the hot dog fiasco!  

Harper hates when I take her picture.  I keep explaining that I will document her childhood whether she smiles or not.  This picture cracks me up. She was giving me the side eye death glare, her friend Alaya pretending to not see me there at all.  So funny.  

These two are old pros. They know I have to take pics.  They even pose nicely for me.   Quincy says this is her last year in band, but I have heard that before from her.   We shall see.   

Preston paused briefly so I could take his picture from my hot dog wrapping position.  He says he’s been in band this long, he will just finish up next year.  He’s not interested in college band though for sure!  The high school band sounded absolutely amazing last night.  The dedication of the director to these kids is apparent. How this man, and his assistant take these kids literally by the hundreds, and teach every single one of them to play an instrument is beyond my scope of understanding.   

I know it was long, but my inner nerd was happy.  And it’s probably a good thing, because Saige starts this process for us next year, so we will have a few more years to go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment